CGI Global Webinar - 'Values of Belonging, Dignity and Justice'
Giving people a sense of belonging, treating them with dignity and providing justice (BDJ) is a question of fundamental values. An awareness of the values of BDJ is not an alternative to the themes of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). On the contrary, it is complementary by examining, building and reinforcing the values on which the sustained implementation of DEI processes must rest.
The panel discussion looked at what it takes for a society to have its underlying values evolve such that, for example, quotas become less important. It should make no difference whether an individual is a woman, from an ethnic minority or somehow different from a perceived ‘norm’, because everybody, regardless of their gender, colour, age, background etc, receives the same opportunity, is accorded the same degree of respect and feels the same sense of belonging.
For our panel, we were fortunate to be joined by:
Chief Programs Officer, Center for Reproductive Rights
Dr Bruce Lloyd
Emeritus Professor of Strategic Management, London South Bank University
Policy Adviser, The Chartered Governance Institute
Director of Integrity and Ethics, Oxfam GB
Director General of The Chartered Governance Institute
- CGI Global Webinar - 'Values of Belonging, Dignity and Justice'
- CGI Global Webinar: 'Ethical Governance of AI'
- CGI Global Webinar: ‘The Realities of Digital Age Risk’
- The Governance Exchange Series 3 - In the boardroom
- CGI Global Webinar: 'Women in the boardroom'
- CGI Global Webinar: - 'The changing role of the governance professional post-Covid'
- Interview with Tim Sheehy, Director General and Professor Michael Adams, Head of UNE Law School
- The Governance Exchange Series 2 - Hot Topics
- The Governance Exchange Series 1 - The response to Covid-19
- CGI Global Webinar - 'Do we really need to meet? Learning from a pandemic'
Be the first to know about the latest events and insights