Governance has a new champion
The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators is now The Chartered Governance Institute
The Supplemental Charter of the Institute was sealed on 16 September 2019 changing the former name The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators to The Chartered Governance Institute.
This historic change for the 125 years’ old institute reflects and embraces how their global membership of governance professionals has evolved over the past decade. The ethos and new visual identity encompasses a wider remit to support and qualify chartered secretaries, governance advisers, risk and compliance managers, non-executive directors - anyone who takes on governance responsibilities in increasingly regulated and risk conscious societies.
The new name positions the Institute as the membership organisation for anyone involved in governance, and is the only institute focused on governance that is Chartered.
The Institute has an overarching global governing body and nine divisions based internationally across Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Associated Territories, New Zealand, Hong Kong and mainland China, Southern Africa, Malaysia, Singapore, and Zimbabwe.
Collectively, The Chartered Governance Institute is the only international organisation that can offer a qualification that empowers a person with skills that transcend borders. The organisation facilitates the international movement of governance professionals and their ideas, ensuring member portability. The Chartered Governance Institute sets the standard of the profession globally and defines the future of good governance.
The Chartered Governance Institute is launching a new global governance eCommunity at cgiglobal.org that will underscore its unique capacity to be the go-to destination for anyone involved in governance.
The Chartered Governance Institute supports over 29,000 members living and working in over 80 countries through professional governance qualifying and training programmes.
Tim Sheehy FCG, Director General of The Chartered Governance Institute comments, “Our vision is to be the leader in the practice of governance around the world. Our mission is to become the shining beacon in governance. We will be the best advocates, the best educators and the most active organisation in the promotion of good governance globally.”
- Tom Morrison Essay Prize 2021
- Live webinar discussion | Do we really need to meet? Learning from a Pandemic
- Enhancing Individual Director Accountability
- Thought Leadership report – Beyond the Listed Company
- Governance has a new champion
- Tom Morrison Essay Prize 2020
- A robot in the boardroom: is the role of the company secretary about to change?
- 21st Century Annual General Meeting – the hybrid meeting bringing value all around
- Market forces, not policy intervention, driving greater global shareholder engagement
- President’s medal
- New Chartered Governance Professional designation and new class of member
- New qualifying programmes
- Tom Morrison Essay Prize
- Congratulations to our 2017 ICSA graduates
- Mervyn King awarded Honorary Fellowship
- International President addresses Southern African Division
Be the first to know about the latest events and insights